EZ Zone Tape.
PURGE GAS RETAINING TAPE.
It was a big challenge to welders to hold Argon gas inside the pipe and keeps Oxygen out of the sealed area to perform ‘GTAW’ with perfect root pass without cracks, oxidation and contamination. They used paper tapes or masking tapes to seal the joints, it helps up to certain extent to hold oxygen out of the purged area but the weld contaminated due to glue of the tape or residue of the tape. During welding surface temperature increases that melt the glue or the masking tape that mixes with the molten pool and contaminate the weld.
Aquasol introduced perfect solution to seal the root gap in a most innovative way through EZ Zone tape.
EZ Zone tape is made from Aluminum strip with two adhesive sides on the outer side of the tape and center is without glue called free zone. The adhesive corners or edges stick away from the welding area of pipe, while the center portion of the tape which is called, “Free zone” being placed over the root gap or weld area. The adhesive portion never comes in contact with the pipe as it is welded, creating a clean, contaminant-free weld.
EZ Zone tape is free from Halogen and chlorofluorocarbon, thickness is 75 microns, foil can conform to any irregular surface and is able to withstand temperatures up to 500 F or 260 C.
- Reduces pipe clean-up time and avoids costly X-rays.
- Clean Contaminant-Free Welding.
- Halogen and Fluorocarbon Free.
- Reduces amount of gas used.
Flexible & Heat Resistant.
- Pressure-sensitive adhesive makes for easy application.
- Adhesive portion of aluminum tape withstands temperatures up to 500 F or 260 C.
- Aluminum foil portion of tape withstands temperatures up to 1100 F or 593 C.
Clean and Safe Components.
- EZ Zone Tape is free of halogens including fluoride, chloride and bromide as well as Chloroflourcarbons, increasingly important in today’s highly regulated safety environment.
- Weld area remain clean from contaminants of Glue and masking tape residue.
EZ Zone Tape allows a welder to effectively prevent contamination in the weld joint and increase the number of pure finished welds. EZ Zone tape has become the ideal and demanded product for welding in many industries.
- Nuclear and Aeronautical industries.
- Petrochemical Plants and Power Plants.
- Refineries and process industries.
- Pharmaceutical, food plants.